Okay I grew up in the sixties and the seventies and part of me can’t imagine a better time to spend my childhood and teen years. We didn’t need a lot to be content… we always had fun. I don’t remember ever being bored! So what did we do that was so entertaining??
1. During the summer… lay in the backyard and look at the stars!
2. Have a snowball fight
3. Use sidewalk chalk… everybody!
4. Pack up a lunch and go to the beach for the afternoon.
5. Have a movie night… if possible pick a movie that will appeal to everyone, pop some popcorn and have fun!
6. Bake cookies… and let everyone help. Good way to pass a rainy Sunday afternoon!
7. Tell the kids a bedtime story… and then let them read to you!
8. Scavenger hunt… they were always fun.
9. Curl up with a good book and spend the whole afternoon “living” someone elses life.
10. Have a move marathon… those were especially good when the weather was really bad. Pop some popcorn, bring out the soda and the day improved instantly!
Tags: happy, fun things to do, smiling, old movies, feeling happy, things to do, how to be happy, things to do as a family, board games, movie night