In the 14th century, in English, the word first appears “salad” or “sallet”. The word salad comes from the French Salade, of the same meaning, from the Latin salata (salty), from sal (salt).
Fruit salads are made of fruit, and fruit cocktail can be made with fresh fruit or canned fruits. Dessert salads include green leafy and are usually sweet. In the Midwestern United States and Minnesota, the cookie salad popular.
Traditionally salads are served cold although such as, south German potato salad, are served warm. Salads can be served any time during the meal. They may be appetizer salads, potato salads, dessert salads.
Green salads include leaf lettuce, vegetable salads include carrot, tomato and fruit salads include cocktail fruit. I am sharing the vegetable salads recipe.
– To prepare the salads the ingredients are:
– 1 cup yogurt (Dahi)
– chopped 1/2 onion
– chopped 1 tomato
– 2 green chillies
– 1 chopped medium green pepper (optional)
– 1 cup shredded cabbage (optional)
– 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved (optional)
– 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise (optional)
– chopped few coriander leaves
– salt to taste
– chopped cucumber (optional)
– chopped few leaf lettuce (optional)
– 1 chopped carrot
1) Take a large bowl. And add all the chopped ingredients as onion, tomatoes, green chillies, carrots and salt. Add yogurt to it and mix well. And finally add fresh chopped coriander leaves.
2) Serve during the meal as a side dish when there is a chicken curry, vegetable pulao rice, chicken or mutton biryani or anytime is best to eat.
3) Enjoy eating!!!