Potatoes are the world’s fourth largest food crop, following wheat, rice and maize. The word potato may refer to the plant itself as well as the edible tuber. China is the worlds largest potato producing country. Nutritionally, the potato is best known for its carbohydrates.
The English word potato comes from Spanish patata. In the United States potatoes are occasionally referred to as Irish potatoes or White potatoes, to distinguish them from Sweet potatoes.
The Potato originated in the region of southern Peru. The potato contains vitamins and minerals that have been identified as vital to human nutrition. Nutritionally, the potato is best known for its carbohydrate content (approximately 26 grams in a medium potato).
Here I am going to share you the simple and easy mashed potato patties recipe.
– 2 cups mashed potatoes
– 1 chopped onion
– 1 tbs red chili powder
– 1 egg beaten (optional)
– 1/4 cup maida flour
– salt to taste
– vegetable oil
– pinch of turmeric powder
1) Boiled the potatoes, peel and mashed them.
2) Mix all the ingredients except flour and oil in a bowl.
3) Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
4) Make medium size balls and lightly flatten them on your palm to make patties.
5) Dip the patties in the flour one by one and cook until browned on each side.
6) Serve hot potato patties with tea or coffee and tomato ketchup or hot sauce.