Located at 24 Public Square, the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel was originally constructed in 1918 as The Hotel Cleveland, on the eastern flank of the city’s main square and fronting on Superior Avenue. Within the next few years, site preparation for the adjacent Union Terminal Complex began, with several thousand buildings in the surrounding vicinity being demolished.
By 1930, upon the opening of the multi-level Cleveland Union Terminal and the 52-story Terminal Tower office block above, The Hotel Cleveland was connected to the complex. It has since been an integral part of the overall cluster of facilities, now known as Tower City Center. The current operator of the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel is Marriott.
As is fitting of its historic heritage, the luxury hotel features a beautiful central fountain of marble, high arched windows looking outward to the city center, vaulted ceilings and well-appointed public spaces, rooms and suites. The facility’s premier restaurant, Sans Souci, offers fine Mediterranean cuisine. Conventions, meetings and special events are accommodated by elegant spaces and the city’s grandest ballroom.
The hotel has over 440 rooms and 50 suites, and offers on-site, off-site and valet parking, plus a complete fitness center and indoor pool within its 10-story atrium. The Renaissance’s location places it within a short walking distance of Tower City Center, Quicken Loans Arena, Progressive Field and the East 4th Street entertainment and restaurant venues. But a short taxi ride away are other such attractions as Cleveland Browns Stadium, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, The Great Lakes Science Center and Playhouse Square. The hotel is also accessible by direct rapid rail transit from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.