So what could go into this basket? Oh you would be amazed at the interesting little items that would fit this theme. Just be sure that you give yourself enough time to really find unique items. And you just never know where you are going to find them, so be ready.
There are lots of ways to package this basket. I have even written an article on the different types of baskets you could use. They can be found here. They range anywhere from a garbage can to a frying pan!
But to help you get started, I’m going to give you a list. Read it over and see if anything would appeal to “your friend” and then copy the items onto a sheet of paper and tuck it into your handbag. Every time you go shopping, read over the list to refresh your mind. But don’t be surprised if you find items that aren’t on the list. That’s half the fun of putting together a gift basket! And you will have fun!
Today’s I Want to be a Crime Writer… Gift Basket
1. magnetic board for ideas
2. the writer’s very own coffee mug
3. cookie Tin… and do fill it 😉
4. coffee pot… those little pots will prevent the writer from drinking too much!
5. Invitation to your house to kick around ideas for that next novel
6. sticky notes
7. digital camera… check out child digital cameras… just to make the basket more fun 😉
8. magnets for board list above
9. crime novel for inspiration
10 scratch paper (for expanding ideas)
11. Kitchen Timer… so that the writer can pace themselves
12. candles for atmosphere
14. lamp for desk when the candles burn out. 😉
If you can think of any other items to go into the basket… just add away!
Be sure to tie off the top with a ribbon and then make a funny card to go along with your Gift Basket. Or you could wrap the entire “basket” in cellophane so that your basket follows a more traditional style.
Tags: writer gift basket, cookies, coffee, inspiration, crime writer, gift basket for a crime writer