Falooda is an adaption of Persian dessert Faloodeh and was brought to the Indian subcontinent during the Mughal period. Sugar, tutti fruti, basil seeds and ice-cream may be added. The rose syrup may be substitute with another flavored base to produce kesar, chocolate, mango and fig Falooda.
Falooda is a popular beverage in South Asia made primarily by mixing rose syrup with vermicelli tapioca seeds along with either milk or water.
We know that everyone loves to eat dessert. This is a dessert which we can eat anytime or after meal. I am going write the steps how to make this falood dessert and if anybody tries to make this dessert their family will really like it.
– 1 glass of whole milk
– 1 tbs basil seeds
– 1/2 cup vanilla Ice-cream
– 3 to 4 tbs sugar (according to taste)
– 3 to 4 chopped almonds
– 3 to 4 chopped cashews
– 1 tbs rose syrup
– few pistachio
– few raisins
– saffron and food color
– handful falooda sev
– crushed Ice as per serving
– vanilla Ice-cream, 2 scoops for serving
1) Soak the basil seeds in water for about 30 minutes.
2) Heat 2 cups of water in a pan, let it come to a boil.
3) Add falooda sev and cook it for 3 minutes and then drain the water.
4) Boil the milk and add all the ingredients (except ice-cream) and cook, while stirring in boiling milk.
5) Now cook for 10 to 15 minutes and stir with intervals.
6) Add Ice-cream to the chilled milk and allow the milk mixture to chill in the refrigerator.
7) Serve cold in glasses. Add crushed Ice as per liking.
8) If desired can Top with Vanilla, chocolate or strawberry Ice-cream.
9) Serve cold.