Crab’s are found in all of the world’s oceans, while many crabs live in fresh water and on land, particularly in tropical and semi-tropical regions. Shrimp consumption is considered healthy for circulatory system.
Crabs are prepared and eaten as a dish in many different ways all over the world. Some species are eaten as a whole including the shell or legs are eaten. In Maryland, often blue crab is eaten with Old Bay Seasoning. In Asia , the spiced dishes are masala crab and chili crab. Crab are omnivores.
The term Shrimp originated around the 14th century with the Middle English “Shrimpe“. Shrimp are found widely around the world in both fresh and salt water. Shrimp are produced in China, Asia and Thailand where Brazil is the largest producer. The largest exporting nation is Thailand.
Here I am going to share my simple and easy recipe of Shrimp and Crab Curry.
– cooked or raw shrimp, crab
– 1 tbs ginger paste
– 1 tbs garlic paste
– 1 chopped tomato or tomato paste
– 1 chopped onion
– 1/2 tbs turmeric powder
– 1/2 tbs red chili powder
– 2 tbs fish curry powder
– 1 chopped onion
– 1 chopped potato ( fry the potatoes and keep aside)
– 4 to 5 pieces of kokam (optional ) (Available in any Indian Grocery Stores)
– few curry leaves
– coriander leaves for garnish
– salt to taste
– vegetable oil
1) Remove the shell, clean and wash it.
2) In a skillet, heat oil add curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste and stir for a few minute in a low flame.
3) Then add onion and fry till golden color.
4) Add salt, turmeric powder, fish curry powder, red chili powder and again fry for 5 to 6 minutes in a medium flame.
5) Add tomato paste and again constantly stir for few more minutes.
6) Then add potatoes, kokam, crab and shrimp.
7) Add water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes in a medium flame.
8) Cook the crab and shrimp curry till there is very little water left.
9) When it is done garnish with coriander leaves.
10) Serve hot with rice or chapati and salad.