Kande Pohe is a very famous dish in Maharashtra. In Marathi, kanda means onion. To prepare this recipe onion and potato is added so this dish is called as “Kande Pohe”.
Pohe is made of flattened rice. Kande Pohe is a Maharashtra dish. Lots of onion and Pohe makes a very tasty breakfast dish. Kande Pohe is served with hot tea. This dish is very simple and easy to make. Early morning we can eat this dish and it is a very nutritious snack. Even kids, adult, young, and old or just everyone love to eat.
Here I am going to share my quick and easy recipe of Kande Pohe. After the dish is made you will surely notice its nice color. Enjoy it.
– 2 cups thick pohe (flattened rice)
– 2 tbs peanut
– 2 to 3 chili cut into small pieces
– few curry leaves
– 1/2 tbs mustard seeds
– 1/2 tbs turmeric powder
– 2 tbs lemon juice
– 1 small chopped onion
– 1/2 potato cut into small pieces
– coriander and coconut grated or coconut powder for garnish
– 3 to 4 tbs oil
– salt to taste
1) Wash the Pohe and drain all the water and keep aside .
2) Take pan or kadai, heat oil and put onion , potato , pea nut and fry until golden color in a medium flame.
3) Add mustard, curry leaves, green chili, turmeric powder, salt to it and saute for 5 minutes till the potatoes are cooked well.
4) Add Pohe to it and constantly mix all the ingredients.
5) Add lemon on it.
6) When it is done , garnish with coriander leaves and coconut powder.
7) Serve this hot Kande Pohe with hot tea.