Bhelpuri was originally a Gujarati fast food. In India, it is known by different names as Bhel in Marathi, Bhelpuri in Hindi and Churu Muri in Bangalore. It is a hot puffed rice. Sev is a fried snack shape like thin noodles made from gram flour.
Mostly to make Bhelpuri the ingredients are puffed rice and sev. Bhelpuri should be consumed as soon as it is made. If left for a while, the juice of chutney and tomatoes etc, combine to render the puffed rice and sev.
There are various types of Bhelpuri :
– Dahi Puri – It is the mixture of Bhelpuri, papdi, chutney and with lot of yogurt.
– Sev Puri – It is the mixture of Bhelpuri, sev, chutney and papdi.
Bhelpuri is nutritious and delicious. Here I am going to write the steps how to make Bhelpuri. If anyone tries to make they will really enjoy eating. It’s simply delicious and easy to prepare. Enjoy Eating Bhel!!!!
– 2 cup churmure (puffed rice) (Available in any Indian Grocery)
– 1 cup sev ( a fried snack shape like thin noodles made from besan/gram flour)
– 1/4 cup crushed papdi ( It is a savory biscuits made from gram flour)
– 1 chopped tomato
– 1 chopped onion
– 2 tbs roasted peanut
– 2 chopped green chili
– 1 small chopped potato (Boiled)
– half a bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
– tamarind chutney according to taste
– mint – coriander chutney according to taste
1) Mix the puffed rice, tomato, potato, onion, coriander, peanuts, salt and green chillies together in a large bowl.
2) Add mint – coriander and tamarind chutney according to your own taste. Mix it well.
3) Garnish with plenty of papdi and sev .
4) Serve and eat immediately.