How to Make Mocha Pastillas
Being away from the Philippines for such a long time, I always miss the good Filipino delicacies! Which is why I like making them at home whenever I could. Although you can buy ready made pastillas from the Filipino grocery stores, it’s still different if you can make your own.
Try to make some of these pastillas to share with your friends – they will like the surprise! Or bring them in your next potluck – it’s a unique idea and they will probably all ask who made it!
Ingredients to make your mocha pastillas:
1-3/4 cup powdered milk
1 tsp instant coffee
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
Procedure to make your mocha pastillas:
- In a bowl, combine the powdered milk and instant coffee.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle sugar on a board.
- Using a roll pin, spread out the mixture into the board.
- Cut it into thin strips.
- Wrap using colored cellophane, colored Japanese paper or colored tissue paper.
This is a really nice gift idea to anyone who loves Filipino sweets and delicacies.
- To give as a gift, arrange the pastillas in a small basket. Cover with cellophane or plastic wrap. Put a beautiful homemade greeting card.
- To serve in a potluck or party, arrange the pastillas in a nice platter. Make it a colorful as possible to give a very attractive appearance.
- You can also add chopped nuts in your pastillas.
Did you enjoy this simple recipe?
I have many more easy recipes like these for you!
Do you want to earn money writing articles like this?