Over the past two decades homeschooling has grown in popularity. According to the U.S. Department of Education, there are now 2 million homeschool families in the U.S.A. If you are thinking about homeschooling your children, you should know that there are some definite benefits, including:
· Parents can choose what their children learn and when. While things like music, physical education and home economics are being cut in today’s schools, they don’t have to be cut in homeschools. Your children can reap the rewards of having these subjects taught to them.
· Parents can focus on the subjects they find important. Whether this be science, history, English or something else. For instance, if you know that your child is interested in a career in science, you will be able to focus on their science classes instead of worrying about their history classes.
· Families can create a schedule that will work well for them. So, if your husband works evenings and you want your family to be able to see each other on a daily basis, you will be able to tailor your homeschool schedule in order to be able to do so.
· You can hold class whenever and wherever you like. If you want to travel on a business trip with your husband, you can always have school in a hotel room. On the other hand, there are also some families who are into RV road trips and thus take their homeschool on the road with them.
· You can take a vacation whenever you want. So, if you know that a good time to go to a specific destination is during a school month, you can feel free to go without fear of having to answer to anyone for pulling your children out of school to go on vacation.
· Children do not have to succumb to peer pressure in order to fit the “social norm.” They can be themselves and follow their own interests instead.
· Parents are able to assign work based upon what is going on in their family’s life. In other words, during times when there is a lot of stress, you won’t have to worry about doing as much schoolwork.
These are just some of the numerous benefits you will reap whenever you choose to homeschool your children. So, give it some thought and see how homeschooling will fit into your family. In the end you may be surprised by what a blessing homeschooling your children can actually be.