Tata Nano is recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the “world’s cheapest car” while Bugatti Veyron is the world’s most expensive car. Which of these two cars will you choose – a car worth $2,200 or a car worth $1.7 million?
This fantastic car is powered by a 987 hp/736 kW engine and can attain an average top speed of 408.47 km/h or 253.81 mph. It is named after French racing driver Pierre Veyron, who won the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1939 while racing for the original Bugatti firm.
Presently, Bugatti Veyron is by far the most expensive street legal car available on the market. It is the fastest accelerating car reaching 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. Veyron is the world’s 2nd fastest car second only to the SSC Ultimate Aero which exceeds 253 mph.
The Bugatti Veyron is named after French racing driver Pierre Veyron, who won the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1939 while racing for the original Bugatti Company.
The car’s transmission consists of a dual-clutch Direct-Shift Gearbox computer-controlled manual gearbox with seven gear ratios, with magnesium paddles behind the steering wheel and a shift time of less than 150 milliseconds. The car uses Michelin PAX run-flat tires cost $25,000 US per set.
- Bugatti Veyron has a total of 10 radiators.
- It has 3 radiators for the engine cooling system.
- The car has 2 for the air conditioning system.
- It has 1 heat exchanger for the air-to-liquid intercoolers.
- The car has 1 transmission oil radiator.
- It has 1 differential oil radiator.
- Veyron has 1 engine oil radiator.
- It has 1 hydraulic oil radiator for the spoiler.
The Veyron consumes more fuel than nearly any larger car, using 40.4 liters per 100 kilometers in city driving and 24.1 liters per 100 km in combined cycle. At full throttle, Bugatti Veyron consumes more than 115 liters per 100 km, which would empty its 100 liters fuel tank in just 12 minutes.
The Tata Nano Europa is the future version for Europe.
The Tata Nano is the world’s least expensive car. This rear-engined, four-passenger city car is built by Tata Motors of India. Tata Nano is very fuel efficient, achieving around 26 km per liter on the highway and around 22 km per liter in the city. The car’s starting price as of June 2009 is US$2,000.
Tata Nano is described as an eco-friendly “people’s car”. Tata Group is expected to mass-manufacture the Nano, particularly the electric-version.
When compared to the Maruti 800, Nano has 21% more interior space and an 8% smaller exterior. Tata Nano is available in 3 versions: the basic Tata Nano Std; the Cx; and the Lx. The Cx and Lx versions each have air conditioning, power windows, and central locking. Tata has set its initial production target at 250,000 units per year
- One unit of Bugatti Veyron which is worth $1.7 million is equivalent to 772 units of Tata Nano.
- Bugatti Veyron’s set of tires which is worth $25,000 can already purchase 11 unit of Tata Nano.
- On the average, a liter of fuel can drive the Tata Nano at a distance of 24 km while Bugatti Veyron can drive at a distance of 4.1 km.