That is because some of the effects apples have are that they contain Vitamin C and are rich in antioxidants. They are also known to reduce the risks of prostate, colon and lung cancer.
Apples are used in many recipes as a very popular ingredient. They have been used to make cakes, crisps, sauce, pies, crumbles and a variety of other desserts. Apples are also used at Halloween to make caramel apples for children. They can be boiled, baked or stewed. You can also find that they produce great tasting juices and wines.
There are thousands of apple varieties available. To view a large list that will most likely surprise you visit the following web site: www.allaboutapples.com/varieties. There may be a chance that you will recognize some of the names.
- 1 cup of apples
- ½ cup of water
- ¾ cup of dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Prepare pancakes the way you usually do.
- Once they are cooled spread them out on a cookie sheet.
- In a medium sized sauce pan add all the ingredients and blend together with a wooden spoon.
- Cook on a low temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- The topping mixture will start to bubble slightly and thicken.
- Once the topping is thickened pour over the pancakes on the cookie sheet.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350’ for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve or transfer to a platter or individual plates.
- Sliced apples turn brown with exposure to air so be sure to slice them right before you use them.
- Add some cinnamon to top your pancakes. This spice adds a little more flavor to the apples and provides a wonderful color to the fruit too.