Here is the simple method to make a really mouthwatering lamb curry you will cherish.
250 gms of Lamb
2 bay leaf
4-5 green chillies
3-4 black whole peppers
2 medium cinnamon sticks
2 large onion cut into long stripes
2 tomatoes finely chopped
half cup mint leaves chopped
half cup coriander leaves chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tea spoon turmeric powder
1 tea spoon red chilly powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder(made from roasting coriander seeds and then grinding them to fine powder)
11/2 tea spoon ginger garlic paste
3 tea spoons lemon juice
2 table spoon thick cream
oil for cooking
salt to taste.
1. Pressure cook lamb for 3 whistles adding 1 bay leaf to it, keep it aside. Do not throw the stock.
2. Put oil in pan let it heat, but so not smoke. Add cumin seeds and let it pop.
3. Add the remaining bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, peppers into it and let them turn golden brown for a moment. Add onion to it and fry till they turn translucent.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste to it, and fry till the vapor starts letting out fragrance and till the onion starts leaving oil.
5. Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, mint leaves, coriander leaves. Fry the entire mixture for 3 min, do not let them burn, keep it stirring.
6. Then add tomatoes to it and fry for another 2-3 minutes. add the boiled lamb without adding the stock. fry for 3 min then add the thick fresh cream and gently spread it all over by mixing all the ingredients equally.
7. While it cooks add salt according to taste, then add the stock water slowly, remeber not to make the curry to thin. As its a gravy you just need to add very little water to it. Close the lid and let it cook for another 5 to 7 min.
8. Check on the lamb and the consistency of the gravy, turn off the flame add lemon juice and corriander and close the lid back for it to steam without the flame.
Serve hot with dinner rolls, breads or simple rice.