- 7-8 boneless chicken thighs
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 4 thin cut pats of butter
- 3-4 medium potatoes sliced into circles – not wedges
- Few shakes of garlic powder
- Few shakes of pepper
- Few shakes of paprika
- 1 small can of chicken broth/stock
- First thing you want to do is prep your meal. Peel and slice 1/2 of a medium onion and 3-4 medium potatoes and set aside on your cutting board.
- Preheat oven to 350′.
- Take out a baking pan (9×13) and lay the boneless chicken thighs out over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the small can of chicken broth/stock over the chicken.
- Sprinkle over the chicken the pepper, salt, garlic powder and the onion slices.
- Add the 4 thin pats of butter over the chicken.
- Then make a single layer over the chicken with the potato slices.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil. Vent 6 small holes in top of foil using the point of a knife. Place pan in oven and cook for 2 hours.
- When the chicken is done place pan on hot plate or transfer to platter. Sprinkle top with paprikaand you are ready to serve.
Tips & Warnings:
- Fifteen to twenty minutes before the oven goes off you will want to heat up the vegetable of your choice to have with you meal. A light salad will also go well with this meal too.
- Store remaining portions in Tupperware to save and refrigerate for another day or freeze.
- Do not throw juices away from pan…it makes a great start for a warm and homemade soup another day.
- Remember to always use pot holders or oven mitts when removing hot pans from the oven.