I think this will help get you started. This is fast, easy, and does not require a lot of time to prepare. In fact after slicing two ingredients you can sit back for an hour and enjoy a relaxing chat with your friends or catch the end of the movie you were watching. Ready, let’s begin?
- 1 ½ pounds of kielbasa
- 3 one pound cans of sliced white potatoes
- ¼ cup of butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of light cream
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 large onions chopped fine
- ½ cup of grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350′. Take out a casserole dish approximately 9×13 that is oven proof. Butter the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Finely chop onions and cook in frying pan in butter until tender. Onions should have a translucent look to them.
- Drain cans of sliced white potatoes.
- Slice the kielbasa on an angle.
- By now the onions should be done cooking. Arrange the potatoes, onions and kielbasa in layers in the bottom of the casserole dish. Then beat the eggs along with the cream, salt in a small bowl. Pour this mixture into the casserole dish. Top the whole thing with the grated Swiss cheese.
- Refrigerate the casserole dish for 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and hour before serving. Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Makes about (4) four servings.
- Can substitute Italian sausage for the Kielbasa
- Don’t forget the oven mitts. Casserole dish will be hot.