There are always things that we are going to want to change in the world around us. One of the easiest ways to start the process is by making sure that others have a sense of where we are coming from – and that means that we have to find effective ways to express ourselves.
There are a number of ways in which this can be accomplished, however, efforts like “7 conversation in 7 days” offer the most simple way to get started. The idea behind the 7 in 7 effort is that by letting people know what your experience is, you will be able to have an impact on the opinions of others.
The 7 conversations that are suggested are:
- Start a conversation with your friends online – write a blog post, change your Myspace or Facebook profile, send out a couple of Twitter updates and just try to increase awareness.
- Submit a video blog or other created video on the topic to Youtube.
- Send an email to a friend or group of friends that lets them know what your thoughts and feelings on a topic are.
- Host an event that gets the conversation started.
- Talk with someone who you know who has a different opinion or someone who you don’t know well to broaden the conversation.
- Send text messages to your friends as reminders.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper – or even to a bigger newspaper or magazine to get your opinion out there.
These ordinary, everyday efforts can have a dramatic impact on creating the change that you want to see.