These crackers are a tasty savory treat. Perfect for parties, for cheese platters, and snacks.
- 100g/3 1/2 oz butter, sliced and softened
- 100g/3 1/2 oz plain/all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 100g/ 3 1/2 oz cheese, grated
- 100g/ 3 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- Extra flour for dusting
- Prepare the baking trays. Either line with baking paper or grease. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Put the flour and salt into the mixing bowl.
- Add the curry powder and both grated cheeses.
- Rub in the softened butter using your fingertips. Keep rubbing until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Try to create a rectangular shape.
- Cut the biscuits. Round shapes are good; use a cookie cutter or the mouth of a glass.
- Place the crackers on the trays.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crackers turn a golden brown colour.
- Remove from the oven and leave the crackers to cool on the trays. Transfer to a cooling rack once cooled down a little and leave until cold.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
- This recipe makes around 40 round crackers.
- These crackers will keep for several days in an airtight container.
- Vary the types of curry powder used in this cracker to change the flavor and to find your favorite variation.
- 2 baking trays
- Baking paper or parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Rolling pin
- Clean rolling surface
- Cookie cutter
- Wire cooling rack
This is my original recipe; it has been shared on another website.