There are various health tips. Some help in weight loss while others help in disease prevention and help in toning of muscles. Some common health tips that are easy to follow for everyone and help in attaining healthy body are as follows:
1. Eat enough food. Do not overeat. This leads to weight gain as well as indigestion. Do not live to eat, eat to live. Add green leafy vegetable and fruit to your food. Boil, roast or grill your food rather than fry. Use less salt. Avoid eating at odd hours or eating junk food. Wash your hands before eating and after eating your food. Before eating, fruits and vegetables should be washed thoroughly so as to remove any dirt or chemical.
2. Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. This keeps body well-hydrated and helps in easy digestion of food. This prevents constipation and provides essential minerals and vitamins. Drink clean water that is not contaminated or infected. If required, drink boiled water. Avoid chilled water from freezer, instead drink cool water. Do not drink bottled water whatever the company manufacturing it claims.
3. Exercise daily. There is no need to do vigorous or strenuous exercises. This can lead to injury. Start slowly and then speed up whatever exercise you opt for. Do simple exercises. Even walking regularly can make a lot of difference. Walking, swimming, cycling, running are some of the easy exercises that can be undertaken by anyone. For specialized exercises, it is wiser to exercise under guidance of a trainer.
4. Get good sleep. Sleep is important to let body recoup its energy. A person should get a good sleep of at lest six hours at night. If you feel like sleeping in the afternoon, do not suppress it. Try to relax and take rest whenever possible. Resting helps your body destress and prepares it for the hard work ahead.
5. Engage in some hobby. Keep yourself busy so as to stay away from negative thoughts. Negative thoughts effect mind and body and can lead to disturbed state of mind leading to overall deterioration of health. Read some good books, take up gardening, go to some religious place or listen to some soothing music. Try to remain cheerful and happy. Mix with people and engage in some community service.