Embarrassment is an emotional state experienced upon having a socially or professionally unacceptable act or condition witnessed by or revealed to others.
It is most definitely embarrassing if you did something wrong and it was witnessed by a lot of people. So how do you deal with it? How do you overcome embarrassment? Some will just cover their face, run and never show up again. Others will even take a bow and savor the moment.
Here are some ideas on what to do:
1. Laughter is the best way. If you ran away, you would look even more foolish.
2. Apologize and say, “I’m sorry, I’m just a human being who commit mistakes.” Then leave the place to prevent more embarrassment.
3. Just stop thinking about what happened. So, you would feel more relaxed and feel comfortable again.
4. Just continue with what you are doing as if nothing really happened.
5. Remember, what’s done cannot be undone. So, whenever you get embarrassed just put a sweet smile on your face.
6. Move on.
7. Just stay cool.
8. Share it with those around you.
9. Learn from it and never do it again.
10. And lastly, try to forgive your self, everyone makes mistakes.
So, cheer up and don’t let any embarassment ruin your day!