1. Swiss cheese, American cheese, provolone cheese and cheddar cheese are all high in calcium. Add a slice of any one of these cheeses to your sandwiches, or melt on English muffins, toast or bagels.
2. Sprinkle Parmesan or Romano cheese on salads, vegetables and even soups. They are also rich in calcium.
3. Add 1-3 tbsp of nonfat dry milk to hot cereals, oatmeal, pancakes, baking cookies, casseroles, stews, meat loaf and mashed potatoes.
4. Choose frozen yogurt, ice milk or puddings made with low fat or skim milk for dessert.
5. Use tofu instead of beef or chicken in stir-fry recipes or consider using tofu in salads or soups.
6. Use green leafy vegetables like broccoli, collards, bok choy, kale, spinach or turnip greens, packaged salads. They are high in calcium.
7. Use nonfat plain yogurt without aspartame or sucralose instead of mayonnaise or sour cream in your recipe.
8. Have a glass of skim milk, rice milk or soy milk or use it with your cereal or in smoothies or shakes.
9. Almonds is a great source of calcium. Use silvered or sliced almonds on your salads, smoothies, pancakes and when baking OR just eat a handful of almonds frequently.
10. Use sardines and pink salmon which provide the body with calcium.