Approx time taken; 30-35 minutes
Ingredients For Marinating:
- Cleaned prawns – 500 gm
- 1 large Tomato – sliced and deseeded
- 1 Green Chilli- sliced
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger paste- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dhania powder – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera powder -1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Suger – 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for cooking ;
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- 1 branch of curry leaves
- Coconut Milk – 1 cup
- Coconut milk is also available at all grocery stores.
- ½ tsp each of salt, suger, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and dhania and jeera powder.
Step 1 :
Marinate the fish with ½ tsp each, of Salt, sugar, turmeric powder and red chilli powder, ginger and garlic paste, dhania and jeera powder.
Set aside for 10 mints
Step 2 :
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté the sliced onions, green chilli, tomatoes, ginger- garlic paste and turmeric for 5 minutes until they turn brown in color.
Step 3 :
Add the remaining ingredients to the fried masala ( except coconut milk, ghee and curry leaves) and cook for 5 more minutes under a covered lid.
Step 4 :
Include the marinated prawns to the fried mix in the pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes in low heat.
Step 5 :
Apply the coconut milk and curry leaves together to the preparation and cover it again. Allow it to cook for 5 more minutes in low heat.
Step 6 :
Remove from Heat. Add a tsp of ghee and keep it covered till the flavour spreads evenly.
Garnish with fresh Cream or ghee before serving.
Handy hints :
- Please remember to note that prawns tend to turn rubbery if overcooked.
- Cooking in a low flame will ensure a nutritious meal.