Parakeet or Budgerigar or Budgie is a famous bird that most people raise it. It has variation color such as green-yellow, yellow, purple, blue, gray, and others.Parakeet can mimic human words. Off course, the parakeet does not know what your mean. If you are diligent, you can teach the bird talk many words. It is not easy duty but you can do it if you have passion.
You are better to keep a budgerigar alone. We are difficult to teach a group of parakeet because they prefer to speak with their friend than us. They will not respond your lesson.
Here are some things you can do:
1. Buy a young parakeet. The old parakeet is difficult to be taught. It will be better if you care baby parakeet.
2. Try to be a good friend of parakeet. Be friendly with the bird and it will trust to you. You can raise the bird out cage. Put it at the closed room. Alternatively, you can cut some wing feather.
3. Say a word to the parakeet. Repeat the word everyday. The bird will say the word someday. Be patient to teach the bird. If you are bored to teach, the bird may forget the word.
4. You can record a word in mp3 or tape recorder and play it. Your bird will say a word.
5. If it can speak a word, you can teach anther word. It will mimic your words too.
Feed the bird with quality food. Speak when you feed it. The bird will trust to you.