- ‘’Malcolm’’ – The show is about a boy named Malcolm and his dysfunctional family.
Format Situation Comedy
Created by: Linwood Boomer
No. of episodes: 151 ;
- ‘’Married with Children’’ – The show follows the lives of Al Bundy, a once-glorious high school football player (who scored four touchdowns in a single game for Polk High School) turned hard luck salesman of women’s shoes; his tartish, obnoxious wife Peg; their attractive but dimwitted and sexually promiscuous daughter Kelly; and Bud, their unpopular, girl crazy, comparatively smart son (and the only Bundy who ever attended college). Their neighbors are the upwardly mobile Steve Rhoades and his wife Marcy, who later gets remarried to Jefferson D’Arcy, a white-collar criminal who becomes Marcy’s “trophy husband” and Al’s sidekick. Most storylines involve a scheming Al being foiled by his cartoonish dim wit and bad luck. His rivalry and loathing of Marcy also play a significant role in most episodes.The Bundys live at 9764 Jeopardy Lane, Chicago, Illinois and their phone number is 555-2878.
Format: Sitcom Created by: Michael G. Moye, Ron Leavitt
Starring: Ed O’Neill, Katey Sagal, Christina Applegate, David Faustino, Amanda Bearse, David Garrison (seasons 1-4), Ted McGinley (seasons 5-11);
No. of seasons: 11 No. of episodes: 262 (including 3 specials)
- ‘‘Friends‘‘ – Most famous friendship ever!
Genre: Comedy Created by David Crane, Marta Kauffman Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox Arquette, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer No. of seasons: 10 No. of episodes: 236
- ‘‘Allo, Allo‘‘ – It is a parody of Secret Army.
Format: Sitcom Created by: Jeremy Lloyd & David Croft
Starring: Carmen Silvera, Gorden Kaye, Guy Siner, Kim Hartman, Richard Marner, Sam Kelly, Vicki Michelle, Kirsten Cooke ,Francesca Gonshaw, Kenneth Connor, Sue Hodge, Richard Gibson, John Louis Mansi, Rose Hill, Arthur Bostrom, Jack Haig, Hilary Minster
No. of episodes: 85
- ‘‘ALF‘‘ – ALF (Paul Fusco) follows an amateur radio signal to Earth and crash-lands into the garage of the Tanners. The Tanners are a suburban middle class family in Los Angeles, California.
- ‘‘The Simpsons‘‘ – The Simpsonsis an American animated television series created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical parody of a working-class American lifestyle epitomized by its eponymous family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional city of Springfield, and lampoons American culture, society, television and many aspects of the human condition.
- ‘‘Two and a Half Men‘‘ – The show is about a hedonistic jingle writer, Charlie; his uptight brother, Alan; and Alan’s growing son, Jake. Charlie’s free-wheeling life is complicated and altered when his brother gets divorced and moves, along with his son, into Charlie’s beach-front house.
- ‘‘Sex and the City‘‘ – Set in New York City, the show focused on four white American women, three in their mid-thirties and one in her forties. The quirky series had multiple continuing story lines and tackled socially relevant issues such as sexually transmitted diseases, safe sex, and promiscuity.
- ‘‘Will & Grace‘‘ – Will & Grace is the most successful television series with gay principal characters.
- ‘‘Desperate Housewives‘‘ – The setting of the show is the street of Wisteria Lane in the fictional American town of Fairview in the Eagle State. It follows the lives of a group of women, seen through the eyes of their dead neighbor. They work through domestic struggles and family life, while facing the secrets, crimes and mysteries hidden behind the doors of their—at the surface—beautiful and seemingly perfect suburban neighborhood.