With the economy still in the dumps, everyone I know asks the same question, how can I save more money? Well here are 5 easy steps to add more green to your pocket each month:
- Cut down to the essentials. Do you really need to pay that extra $100 a month for all the movie channels, fastest internet, data on your cell phone, etc? Take a look at each bill and do some price comparison with what you can cut down on and what companies you can switch to for better deals with ALL your bills.
- Coupons! I can’t stress this enough. The internet is a great resource to look up coupons for your everyday items that you can print from home. It takes 30 minutes and a dozen sheets of paper but could save you $20 the next time you go to the grocery store.
- Look around the house for things that you don’t need any more that you can sell. This not only cuts down on the clutter but can put a few extra bucks in your pocket each month from selling on craigslist and eBay websites.
- Save every penny. I do mean this literally, change isn’t the biggest cash-in but if you save all the change you get back from spending, you can find an extra few dollars at the end of the month. If you are a debit card only sort of person, try doing the same method. Each time you use your debit card, put the remaining change in your savings. Ex: You spend 36.20 on gas, take the extra $0.80 and put that in savings. It might be a little pain at first but you will find it will actually make balancing a little easier and it will add up.
- Find ways to make money online. Surveys and writing articles are a great way to make a little extra money. It takes time to do so, but you have the potential of making an additional $50+ extra a month!