- Understand that every relationship is different. Don’t compare your relationship to anyone else. Not your parent’s, not your friend’s, not your co worker’s, not any other family member’s, not that couple’s relationship that seems perfect all the time, not anyone’s, not previous relationships, because that won’t help and can destroy your relationship completely!
- Work on your relationship every single day. Do your part to contribute towards the relationship and keep it going and moving along. Maintain the relationship in every way possible. Work on strengthening your relationship, enriching it, in every way possible, on all levels possible, and in all areas possible (emotional, verbal, psychological, physical, etc.).
- Get mental! The emotional, verbal, and psychological sides of the relationship are really more important than the physical or sexual aspects of the relationship. Work on creating, developing, strengthening, and enriching the emotional foundation or aspect before any physical involvement occur
- Use the help available. You have lots of resources to use as an advantage to making your relationship better: Internet articles, magazine articles, and books are various examples. There are tons of these that are just specifically dedicated to giving advice about relationships. Use them! Whatever you can do to improve, enrich, and strengthen, your relationship (with the help of the resources available), do it!
- Remember, relationships are a two-way street, there should be two people involved. So you could do everything you possibly could do to make it work, but if the other person isn’t putting in their very best effort (or at least some effort at all) then it won’t work out. You both have to actively participate in the relationship and keep it positive to make it the healthiest and best that it can be.
- Every couple is different. There is no “right” way to make a relationship work (or a wrong way either). Every couple makes up their own love rules, love habits, love routines, love agreements, etc. Whatever works well for you two, works best for you two.
- A good tip is to not become completely absorbed in the relationship. Both partners should have their own group of friends, so no one will feel smothered. At the same time, make room for your partner in your life, relationships are all about balance.