1. Babysit in your home.
2. Become a caregiver for neighbors’ pets while they are on vacation.
3. Sign up with local market research companies to participate in consumer surveys.
4. Sell used books on Amazon.com
5. Sell gently used clothes and other items on E-Bay.
6. Sign up to become a secret shopper.
7. Sign up to become an Avon Representative. Your commission is anywhere from 20% to 50%.
8. Work as a lunch aide in the local elementary school. This job is for only two hours a day. It’s perfect for mothers of school-age children.
9. Rent out a spare room in your house.
10. Rent your garage to someone who has an antique car or to someone who lives in an apartment and doesn’t have access to a garage.
11. During Christmastime, work part-time at a retail store. Many stores will hire you even if you can only work on Saturdays (the busiest shopping day).
12. If you are a teacher or have expertise in a school subject, tutor students in your home.
13. Seasonal jobs can be found at H&R Block Tax services. With the proper training given by them, you can work each year from January through April.
14. Clean houses while your kids are in school.
15. Become a Realtor Referral Associate. In this role, you refer people who are interested in buying a home to a licensed Realtor. Your commission is anywhere from several hundred dollars for a modestly priced home to several thousand for a luxury home. In the northeast, Weichert offers this program.
16. Teach classes at your local adult community school on a topic in which you are a subject matter expert. Examples are scrapbooking, Disneyworld , Investments, specific computer applications, E-Bay, etc.
17. Use the website Craig’s List to find local jobs which are temporary or part time. Jobs posted here usually need to be filled quickly.
18. Contact your local Yellow Book office to sign up to deliver phone books in your area. You are paid per book delivered and this is a temporary job. However, you must use your own car. You can deduct the mileage when you file your taxes.
19. Sign up to become a substitute teacher in your town or surrounding towns. There are usually certain courses that must be completed at a community college or a university. Check with the school district.
20. Create your own website or blog with content which is interesting to you or on which you are an expert. Use to Site Build It! Or Blogger.com to build the site and make money from allowing Google ads to show on your site and by becoming an affiliate of online merchants which sell goods and services which are are related to the topic of your website.