For adding friends just use Facebook Search to find the person you know and then click on the “Add as Friend” button to the right of their search listing. A friend request will be sent to that person. Once they confirm that they actually are friends with you, they will show up on your Friends List.
Facebook is such a user-friendly Website that will allow you to be able to add a lot of friends to your profile. Apart from being able to send invites to your friends’ email addresses, Facebook also allows you to import your friends’ email addresses, direct from the address book of your web email like Hotmail, Gmail, AOL or Yahoo, or from your email application like Outlook or Apple Mail.
Add Friends to Your facebook Profile
- To start searching for your friends log on to Facebook.
- Top of the “My Friends” page. You will see a list of your current friends with a few quick details about them.
- Click on either the “Friend Finder” tab or the “Search Your Address Book” link to import your contacts. Both will take your to a short form asking for your external email address and password.
- Enter your email address and password in the proper form fields. Only contacts from Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, MSN and Yahoo accounts can be directly imported, as you’ll notice from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Find Friends” button. You will be taken to a page with your external address book specs, including a count of the contacts who are already your friends on Facebook.
- Check the boxes next to the contacts you want to add and hit the “Add to Friends” button. Your request will be sent to your friend’s account for their approval.
Source : letmeget.com