· Why do you want to be a doctor?
· What will you if you aren’t accepted to medical school?
· What makes you special?
· What are your 2 best points?
· What are your 2 weakest points?
· What do you think will be your greatest challenge in completing medical school or learning how to be a doctor?
· In your view, what is the most pressing problem facing medicine today?
· How will you pay for medical school?
· If you could do anything different in your education, what would you do?
· Where else are you applying?
· Have you been accepted anywhere?
· What is your first choice?
· Tell me about yourself.
· What do you do in your spare time?
· How did you get here?
· Why would you be a good doctor?
· What are your strengths?
· What do you feel are the most important qualities in being a good doctor?
· What are your hobbies?
· Are you a leader or a follower? Why?
· What exposure have you had to the medical profession?
· Discuss your clinical experiences.
· Discuss your volunteer work.
· What do you think you will like most about medicine?
· What do you think you will like least about medicine?
· Expect questions concerning what you think about ethics and healthcare (e.g., abortion, cloning, euthanasia).
· Be prepared to discuss managed healthcare and changes in the US healthcare system.
· How are you a match for our medical school?
· Would you perform abortions as a doctor? Under what conditions?
· What are three things you want to change about yourself?
· How would you describe the relationship between science and medicine?
· Which family member has influenced your life so far and why?