1. Check to see if you can afford to rent a public spot. In our areas, many brides are booking a particular castle that has to be affordable. A lot of brides have used it over the years. I only wish I had thought of it!
2. A friends back yard? Do you know anyone who has a green thumb and a gorgeous yard that could be a gorgeous backdrop for your special day? I’m talking about free flowers here!
3. Host your wedding reception in a park. All you need to do is pay for the permit and a park has a staff to make their grounds look amazing! And it will cost you a fraction of the amount a hotel would charge. But be prepared for any turns in the weather!
4. Skip the sit down meal… offer finger foods that are amazing… heavy emphasis on the amazing part! This is especially appealing if the reception is in a park. People get to mingle!
5. If you are having a sit down dinner, you might have to work with plain white tablecloths?? To get around this, purchase a few yards in a different color for a splash of color on top of the white table cloth.
6. To avoid disappointment, book your reception site 6 months to 12 months before your big day. There are only so many weekends to choose from, so if you don’t get your name down for your particular date, someone else might beat you to it.
7. Destination Weddings are extremely popular at the moment and can save you tons of money if you don’t lose track of the budget. There are so many add-ons that are hard to turn down. Know your budget and stick to it. A wedding that you will be paying for, five years or more down the line can lose it’s glitter very quickly!