1. Candy Apples… you could invite all of the bridesmaids over for a candy apple making session and be sure to take lots of photos and movies to show at the wedding… or not lol! It might not be such a good idea if a candy throwing fight broke out. Fun yes, but not something you might want to share with your guests.
2. Ask your guests to bring their best dessert… I recently heard of such a wedding and it’s a great way to get your name out there. It could turn out to be a career door opener that you never expected!
3. Miniature Wedding Cake These are positively adorable. If your cake is a simple style, you might even be able to make them yourself. Take a look at the photos for inspiration!
4. Lets say that you are getting married during the Thanksgiving season… October for Canada and November for the US. What could be cuter than a miniature pumpkin pie… and I mean tart size, but you can go nuts with the decorating. Send it home in a tiny box and no one will likely be able to forget your wedding!! Here’s what you need to know!
5. Here is one that is really unusual. Provide several large (covered) bowls with candy of various kinds and then provide each guest with small 1/4 pound cellophane bags.Stickers announcing the wedding couple and date could be affixed to each bag. Allow each guest to fill their bags with the candy of their own choosing.
6. Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor… I can’t remember where I read or heard about this idea, but the bride set out huge bowls of ice cream and then smaller bowls of every kind of sprinkle you could possibly think of. Each wedding guest was invited to make their own ice cream sundae! Can you imagine how much fun that would be at a summer wedding!!
Wedding Books to Help With the Planning