We all know that pets should not eat what is commonly called “table food”. How often do you see your petsitting by your feet while you are eating your dinner? His tongue is wagging just hoping for a morsel to drop on the floor. No matter how cute it looks, it could be dangerous for your pet to consume that morsel.
There are not many healthy” table foods” for pets to consume, but there are also many more foods that can be dangerous to our companions.
Here are some of the top common foods that are toxic to your pet.
Avocados leaves, fruit, seeds, and bark can have a toxin called Persin. Persin is a fungicidal toxic that is present in the avocado. It is relatively harmless to humans but can be dangerous if digested in large amounts by animals. It was suggested as a treatment for breast cancer.
Onions and Onion Powder
All of these can cause your dog or cat to develop gastrointestinal irritation. Cats are more likely to become ill than dogs. It has been known to cause red blood cell damage.
Grapes and Raisins
These have caused kidney failure in dogs. There are still many things unknown about them.
These nuts can cause vomiting, tremors and hypothermia in dogs. Symptoms can last up to 2 days. Symptoms can show as early as 12 hours after ingestion.
From one animal love to another, let us try to keep our pets happy and healthy. There are many healthy snacks we can feed our pets besides table food.