1. Eat at pleasure, drink with measure.
2. Choose an author as you choose a friend.
3. Friends in need are friends indeed.
4. East or West, home is best.
5. After dinner sit a while, after supper walk a while.
6. A word is enough to the wise.
7. Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
8. Better glorious death than a shameful life.
9. Fortune favors the brave.
10. A good deed is never lost.
11. While there is life, there is hope.
12. A friend is never known till needed.
13. By trying to get into much, one can lose everything.
14. Look before you leap.
15. A quiet conscience sleeps in thunder.
16. Kind words are not always as kind as they seem.
17. Do not despise humble people. Even the strongest may at times need the help of the weak.
18. The slow but sure win the race.
19. Life is not a bed of roses.
20. Promise little but do much.
21. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
22. Men may meet but mountains never.
23. Appetite comes with eating.
24. As the tree, so the fruit.
25. Like father, like son.
26. Like mother, like daughter.
27. Like parents, like children.
28. Like teacher, like pupil.
29. You cannot eat your cake and have it.
30. Live not to eat but eat to live.
31. Follow the river and you will get to the sea.
32. Rome was not built in a day.
33. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
34. When there is a will, there is a way.
35. There is a place for every thing and everything in its place.
36. All things are difficult before they are easy.
37. Do not put all your eggs in one basket.
38. Easy come, easy gone.
39. If you want a thing well done, do it yourself.
40. First think, then speak.
41. A man can do more than he can.
42. A man can die but once.
43. Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow.
44. Better be born lucky than rich.
45. Better to do well than to say well.
46. Better unborn than unthought.
47. Easier said than done.
48. Four eyes see more than two.
49. Such carpenter such chip.
50. Work goes with a swing under the master`s hand.
51. One good turn deserves another.