Alrighty to start off a decent breakfast is CRUCIAL in order to do well on your exams. If you don’t go into school with a substantial breakie in your stomach, your brain will not function right (trust me I know from almost 4 years of experience) I know a lot of you are thinking, “But I never have enough time to eat in the morning!” Well I’m going to offer you a simple solution. Pillsbury Toaster Strudel or Toaster Scrambles. They take little time to make and come in great flavors. Now I like to sleep until the last possible moment and having these in the morning have helped me wake up faster and pay attention better at 7:30 in the morning. People don’t really give breakfast enough thought, most people are in a rush just to get to where they are going, but they never really slow down enough to really see the effects breakfast has on your body . Trust me, try it, you won’t be sorry.
Ok so now we have breakfast out of the way here comes the real challenge, the exams themselves. The first step to conquering these bad boys is to study !
Good studying techniques consist of pretty much 2 basic things (others find different things helpful but these two are a must):
1) Eliminate all distractions. Go somewhere where there is no TV or where no one will bother you, and yes this means no cell phone . Cell phones are nothing but distractions and will take away from your study time and trust me an hour or two will not kill you.
2) Don’t study for hours on end, it doesn’t work . Space out your time and study for 2 hours max at a time, anything longer and studying will not be able to hold your full attention. After 2 hours take a break, you deserve it, during this time, maybe you can have a parent or older sibling help make a mini quiz off some of your notes you have taken, or from previous tests and quizzes.
Now you’ve studied for a while your feeling confident with what you know, you’ve aced every mini quiz your family throws at you, now it’s time for the real deal. About this time it’s natural to feel nervous about it, but you didn’t spend that time studying for nothing right? Now what ever you do DO NOT go into the class and think that you are going to do horrible and fail the test. You have to keep a positive mindset and don’t let the test psych you out. By letting the test psych you out you forget everything that you studied. Just sit down at your desk and everything you studied will come back to you and you will do just fine.
Now let’s recap,
* Get Good nights sleep
* Make sure to have a decent breakfast before your exam
* Study without any distractions
* Study for no more than two hours
* Have your family give you mini quizzes
* Don’t let the test psych you out
* Walk out relieved it’s over
Good luck to everyone who also has to go through this!