E-mail signatures are a great place to add your marketing message. Here are two great ways, explained in detail, to add items to your e-mail signature.
Insert a Graphic or Animation in Your Outlook Email Signature
To add an image to an email signature in Outlook:
(1) Create a new message in Outlook using rich HTML formatting. If you want to edit an existing signature, see below.
(2) Design your desired signature in the body of the message. It is best to keep your signature to 5 or 6 lines of text, but not much more. Use the standard signature delimiter.
(3) Position the cursor where you want to insert a picture.
(4) Use Insert | Picture… to add the image or animation.
(5) Press Ctrl-A to highlight the entire body of the message.
(6) Press Ctrl-C.
(7) Now select Tools | Options… from the main Outlook window’s menu.
(8) Go to the Mail Format tab.
(9) Click Signatures… under Signatures.
(10) Click New….
(11) Give the new signature a name.
(12) Click Next >.
(13) Press Ctrl-V to paste your signature in the Signature text entry field.
(14) Click Finish.
(15) Now click OK.
(16) If you have just created your first signature, Outlook has automatically made it the default – automatically inserted – for new messages. To use it for replies as well, which I recommend, select it under Signature for replies and forwards.
(17) Click OK again.
Edit an Existing Signature to Add an Image
To edit an existing signature using the method described above:
(1) Select Tools – Options… from the menu in Outlook.
(2) Go to the Mail Format tab.
(3) Click Signatures… under Signatures.
(4) Highlight the signature you want to edit.
(5) Press Ctrl-A.
(6) Hit Ctrl-C.
(7) Use the Esc key three times.
(8) Create a new message in Outlook using rich HTML formatting.
(9) Click in the body of the new message.
(10) Press Ctrl-A.
(11) Now hit Ctrl-V.
(12) Proceed as above. Instead of creating a new signature again edit the existing.