Interesting Facts about Jimmy Carter
There are lots of interesting facts about Jimmy Carter. The below list is a sample of some of the most interesting facts about Jimmy Carter.
- Carter pardoned draft resisters of the Vietnam War.
- Carter studied nuclear physics at Union College and contributed to the development of the nuclear submarine.
- He also shot his sister Gloria “in the rear end” with a BB gun after she threw a wrench at him.
- He collects old bottles and American Indian arrowheads.
- He is a speed reader.
- He is a tennis player. His family had a dirt court on the farm he grew up on.
- Another interesting facts about Jimmy Carter; he panned for gold in North Georgia.
- He rode motorcycles before becoming a politician.
- He stole a penny from the collection plate at church when he was five years old and was punished by his father.
- He was 5 feet, 9 inches tall.
- His favorite Hymn is Amazing Grace.
- His first car was a1948 Studebaker “Commander.”
- Jimmy Carter does not like to wear hats, but if he did, he would wear a size seven.
- Not particularly an interesting fact, but Jimmy Carter has blue eyes.
- Jimmy Carter has published many books. On is The Little Baby Snoogle Fleejer, which was illustrated by his daughter, Amy.
- Jimmy Carter was born on October 1, 1924 in Plains, Georgia.
- Jimmy Carters favorite foods are sirloin steak, medium rare, any kind of fish or poultry, corn bread, any vegetables except beans and frozen yogurt.
- Likes an eclectic mix of classical, bluegrass, country, and folk music. Some of his favorite artists are Bob Dylan, Allman Brothers, Paul Simon, and the Marshall Tucker Band.
- On of his favorite books is Leo Tolstoy’s “War and Peace”.
- Played basketball at Plains High School.
- Usually has orange juice, coffee, fruit, and cereal for breakfast.
There are lots of interesting facts about Jimmy Carter. This is a just a brief list.