Green Pea Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or apple cider
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
Think I would use canned peas for this. The apple cider I would use instead of the balsamic.
1. Place peas in a colander, and run warm water over them until they are thawed. Place in a large bowl.
2. Toast almonds in a skillet over medium heat. Then combine with peas.
3. Stir in onions, feta cheese, and mayonnaise. Mix in balsamic vinegar, and season with pepper. Cover and refrigerator.
Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
This recipe sounds just right for one person. This saves baking a whole cake then throwing most of it out.
1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour (that’s plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.