What you’ll need:
Sugar (of your choice)
Carrier oil (jojoba, almond, grapeseed oils, or any other of your choice)
Essential oil (Lavander, rosemary, eucalyptus, or any other)
stick (to mix sugar and oils)
- Put sugar in a container.
- Add carrier oil or oils of your choice…you can mix carrier oils if you wish.
Add essential oil depending on your mood and needs. Here are some examples:
Lavander: Promotes relaxation.
Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Peppermint: Stimulates the body and senses, Clears out your sinuses.
You can also mix essential oils, e.g Lavander & vanilla
- Mix oils and sugar until mixture is a slushy consistency.
- Get in the shower and start rubbing the scrub in circular motions all over your body. You can do this on dry or wet skin.
- Rinse. If you do not like the oily feeling left on your skin, you can wash it off with a moisturizing body wash. Enjoy your smooth, soft and moisturized skin!
Tips and Warnings
- Depending on your skin needs add less or more sugar.
- If you have acne, rashes, sunburned skin or spider veins avoid using scrubs as they may irritate and worsen the condition of your skin. Opt for a soft loofah or a gentler exfoliator.