I try to keep my freezer and pantry stocked, and I’m so glad I do, I had everything it took to make this delicious dish.
Baked Chicken Parmesan is not only delicious, but it’s really easy recipe to make. Try fixing chicken a different way for your family, make them baked Chicken Parmesan.
Things You’ll Need:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- cracker crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -12 ounces mozzarella cheese, more
- 16 oz spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic and Fennel powder
- Cutting board and mallet
- Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in the mixture and then roll in cracker crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Don’t get to high as they will burn and your olive oil will smoke.
- Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Put the browned chicken in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the chicken. I don’t think you can ever have too much cheese. Cover the chicken breasts.
- Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and fennel. Add a little more mozzarella, and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Don’t leave skillet of hot oil unattended. For safety reasons as well as it really will over heat and smoke :+)
- If you are stressed pounding that chicken can be fun but don’t go to far as it will smash on your cutting board.