Things You’ll Need:
- 4 cans Swanson Chicken Breast in a can,(or whatever brand you choose)
- 8 oz non-fat sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken or mushroom or celery soup (your choice)
- 3 cups Ritz crackers smashed (use whole grain for healthier version)
- 1/2 lb fat-free margarine
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
In a large bowl combine your drained chicken breast chunks, non-fat sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and low-sodium chicken broth. If you don’t have chicken broth on hand, use chicken bouillon cubes for the broth.
Melt non-fat margarine in a skillet, and mix in your crushed Ritz crackers. Be careful not to heat the skillet too hot, you don’t want your margarine to burn. When you add the crackers you are just letting them brown about 2 minutes. I use 2 stacks of crackers and smash them with a rolling pin.
Use a 9 x 13″ baking dish. I find glass baking dishes work best. Spray your casserole dish with PAM first, so you’ll have easy clean-up afterwards. Put mixture in dish, add crumb mixture on top of casserole evenly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Take the foil off the last 10 minutes to brown a bit more. Voilà`, done!