Things You’ll Need:
- 2 large baking pans
- olive oil
- 3-4 lbs hamburger or turkey burger
- corn tortillas
- 2 can’s green chilies
- 2 lg onion
- 2 lg cans Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 3-4 lbs shredded Mexican style cheese blend
- 2 small cans sliced black olives
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Brown your chopped up onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. ( I find Bertolli Extra Light olive oil is best). In a separate skillet brown your meat, and add lots of cumin to it. This is the secret ingredient that makes the dish a winner. Drain the grease.
* Cook on low, adding your sauté` onions, and green chilies to mixture. While this is cooking line your tortillas in the bottom of your pans. Do not fry them. Just layer them so they overlap each other and the entire pans are covered
Step3 Hunts Tomato Sauce
Add the cooked meat mixture to both pans equally. I do spray my pans with PAM, so it’s easier for cleanup later. Pour the Hunts Tomato Sauce from the pan,directly onto the meat. Spread it evenly with a spoon.
Step4 Your home will love this recipe
Top with as much of the cheese as you prefer. Put the sliced black olives evenly on top as a garnish. Bake 20 minutes covered with Aluminum foil, until the cheese is melted. Voilà`, you have made a dish that will be begged for again and again!