Focaccia Hero Sandwich
Here’s one very nice sandwich recipe using focaccia bread. I love it because of the array of flavors in one easy-to-make sandwich. I hope you’ll like it, too.
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp butter
1 large piece focaccia (enough for 4)
16 slices hot Italian salami or 4 slices ham
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
4 pinches fresh oregano
4 slices Jalsberg cheese (any mild Swiss cheese can be used as a substitute)
- Mince garlic and mix it with the softened butter.
- Cut focaccia into 4 equal pieces. Slice each piece horizontally and brush with butter mixture.
- Divide remaining ingredients equally on half of focaccia pieces ending with the cheese
- Place layered focaccia along with the reserved buttered focaccia pieces in a preheated broiler/ oven toaster until cheese is melted and bread is brown.
- Replace top halves and serve warm.
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Here’s a fast and easy sandwich you can make from ham and cheese that has quite an extraordinary rich flavor.
8 slices of French Bread
4 slices of ham
4 slices of Swiss cheese
Butter Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Spread bread generously with butter, then spread a little mustard on 4 slices and top with ham, cheese, black pepper to taste.
2. Press sandwiches together firmly and trim crust, if you like. Cut into two triangles or leave whole.
3. Melt a generous amount of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
If you like, the sandwiches can be dipped into a mixture of 2 beaten eggs and ½ cup (125 ml) milk before frying