Using your home theater system should not be a difficult task. Sometimes it seems impossible.
I am here to help. In this blog I will explain in simple, easy to follow steps how to turn your system on to: watch television or watch a movie.
Let’s start with the basics for watching television.
- Turn on Your Cable/Satellite Box, Television and AV Receiver
- Make sure you have all of the remotes as well – the cable box/satellite remote; the television remote and the AV Receiver remote.
In our business we rarely sell a system that does not include a universal remote control – They do make using your Home Theater System very easy and you will only have one remote on your coffee table.
- With the Function Knob or Hard Button of the AV Receiver (the receiver remote may have the appropriate button as well) – set the Receiver to TV (it may say TV/SAT; TV/DBS; TV/CABLE).
The receiver is now set to control the for your television watching.
- Set your television input to the proper input (HDMI; Video 1; Video 2)
- Make sure your Cable Box is on
Grab your cable box remote and start watching. Remember, unless you have a universal remote, in order to turn-up the volume, you will need the receiver remote and to change channes you will need the cable box remote.
Time now to watching a DVD:
- Turn on your television; dvd player and av receiver on
- Set your AV Receiver to the DVD setting by turning the function knob or pushing the correct hard button
- Change your television to the proper input (HDMI; Video 1; Video 2, etc. – It may be the same as for television watching depending upon how your system was set up)
- Insert your DVD into the Player and Push Play
NOTE – Make sure you set the correct audio settings on the DVD disc – you find that on the main menu of the DVD (it will say audio or settings) – make sure it is set to 5.1 or DTS or Dolby Digital.
If your system is a bit more complicated you may want to check out these instructions.