Mutton (Goat Meat) Rezala is a non-veg delicacy that is famous in North India. It’s preparation is different from other mutton recipes, so it’s taste is also unique and delicious. It takes about 1hr to prepare this mouth watering dish.
- Goat Meat (Mutton) – 500g
- Plain Yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Cardamoms (Green + Black)
- Sugar and Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Red Dry Chilli
- Green Chilli
- Milk (optional)
- Saffron (optional)
Preparation Time: 20mins
Cooking Time: 40mins
1. In a bowl mix 500gm mutton (properly washed), 3 tablespoons yogurt, 2 tablespoons cashew paste (crushed in blender), 1 medium sized onion paste (again in the blender), 3 crushed green cardamoms and 4 crushed black cardamoms (bigger elaichi) using blender, salt to taste and 1 teaspoon sugar. Mix all the ingredients well and marinade for 1 hour.
Note: Crush the ingredients in the blender separately.
2. In a non-stick frying pan put 1/2 cup oil or ghee and heat for 2 mins. Add only mutton pieces from the marinade and fry for 15 mins.
3. Put 8-10 whole red dry chilli, then after 1 min add all the remaining marinade mixture into the frying pan and bring to boil for few mins.
4. Take a pressure cooker and transfer all the contents of frying pan (step 2, step 3) into the cooker and add little water. Cook for 40 to 45 mins until the meat becomes tender. Stir occasionally after 20 mins so that it does not stick at the bottom of the cooker.
Note: You can actually add plenty of water as this dish tastes superb with lots of gravy.
5. In a small container add 2 teaspoon of milk and little saffron and mix well (Optional but enhances the taste)
6. Open the lid of the cooker and add the mixture (step 5) into the cooker.
7. Add 2 tablespoons light cream and 2-3 split green chillies (if required upto taste) and bring it to boil on high heat.
Mutton Rezala is ready to serve. It is great with lachha paratha,chicken biryanior pulao.
About the Author: Kanchan Shaw is an Indian housewife who loves to cook and share the recipes on her blog:Best of Kanchan.