I did modify the recipe, as theirs called for pre-made crescent rolls, the ones you buy in the refrigerated section in your grocery store.I wanted mine to made from scratch. I hope you enjoy my version of homemade pizza rolls.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- PIZZA DOUGH:
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- You want to start by making your pizza dough. I have a bread maker that does the hard work for me, if you don’t, you can get those arms in shape by kneading that dough :~)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Since you are going to be using dehydrated onion, dehydrated garlic or garlic powder and Italian seasoning, you will want to take a small bowl and mix your sauce and spices for approximately 10 minutes to let them plump back up.
- Take your pizza dough and make balls. You’ll get 16-20 out of a pound loaf.
- Flatten out your balls into rectangle shapes.
- Spread a tablespoon full of sauce onto the pizza dough, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with Mozzarella Cheese. Roll up and up on a ungreased baking sheet.
- After you have them all rolled up, put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips & Warning
- For added flavor add garlic, onion and fennel powder and Italian seasoning into the pizza dough as it’s mixing.
- You can cut the pizza rolls in half before baking if you want smaller appetizer pieces