Bicycle is one of the main transportation in some regions and have a lot of benefits to people. with various benefits in recreation,fitness,transportation,used in entertaintment,sports and many others. According to wiki, Bicycle safety is the use of practices designed to reduce risk associated with cycling. Some of this subject matter is hotly debated: for example, the discussions as to whether bicycle helmets or cyclepaths really deliver improved safety. The merits of bicycle lighting are less controversial. Various reported accidents and serious injuries had been numerous for so many years. Safety should be constantly reminded to cyclists.
Here are some preventive ways to avoid bicycle accidents :
- Be sure the bike’s seat is at the right height and is securely fastened.
- The bell of warning signal is to be used only to tel others of your approach.
- It is not advisable to carry a passenger on the back of your bicycle. This overloads your bike; it is not well balanced and it may trip over easily.
- It is courteous not to drive too fast. Riding at a brisk speed, a rider may knock down or bump into a commuter or bystander.
- It is safe to keep to the right and to turn at corners slowly.
- Respect the right of pedestrians, especially if biking on sidewalk is permitted.
- Always give pedestrians the right-of-way.It is not advisable to hook your bicycle or any vehicle in motion.
- Obey traffic lights,traffic signs and road markings.
- Provide a good reflector behind the bicycle so it can be seen well at night.
- Check the bicycle condition periodically.