Things You’ll Need:
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 1/2 C diced cooked chicken
- 16 oz plain yogurt
- 2 cans of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles
- crumb topping (french fried onions, buttery crackers or bread crumbs)
If you have no leftover chicken or turkey prepared, poach some chicken pieces in boiling water until cooked through. Allow the chicken to cool slightly and then dice. Canned chicken can also be used.
Place the softened onions and butter on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Spread them evenly on the bottom.
Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes. The casserole will become bubbly and noodles will be cooked through.
- Sour cream can be used instead of yogurt.
- If you feel like the mixture is too thick and the noodles aren’t cooking, pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk over the casserole and continue to cook until noodles are soft.