- First things first – you have to clean your skin. A good natural cleanser for all skin type is:
1 teaspoon yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon honey
Mix together and massage all over your face. Remove with a warm washcloth.
Honey is great for antibacterial cleansing and the lactic acid in yogurt makes it ideal for your skin.
- Toner is next – Witch Hazel is a great toner for most skin types. Using a cotton ball, wipe across your face and let it dry.
- Green tea is great for all skin types. Steep a green tea bag in 1 cup of hot water and then let it cool. Add 1 cup of fresh water and put into a spray bottle or into a container and you can use a cotton ball to swipe your face.
- Twice a week, you should do a facial scrub ‘exfoliate’. Mix 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal (instant) in a bowl. If you need a smoother consistency add a teaspoon of warm water. Apply with your fingertips and massage little circles all over your face for a couple of minutes. Follow with a toner & moisturizer.
- Facial Acid Treatments in the form of a mask once a week will help make the removal of dead skin cells easier. Tomato paste is a great acid mask for all types of skin. Just smear it all over your face. Rinse after 5 minutes with warm water. Follow up with toner and moisturizer..
DON’T use the acid treatment on the day you use the facial scrub. It might irritate the skin…
I have yet to find something better then any of the store bought moisturizers so this is the only part of this routine that I buy a product just for this purpose. Otherwise, I use the natural products I’ve mentioned.