Everyone wants beautiful healthy hair without split ends. Split ends can make your hair look dull and frizzy.
Split ends occur when the hair’s protective cuticle is stripped away from the ends of hair fibers. It happens when your hair loses moisture. There are many reasons this happens.
Oil from your scalp does not reach the ends, which keep them moist, dry scalp, using extreme temperature products like straight irons, curling irons and blow dryers. Coloring and perming your hair can damage the ends also. Some other causes can be brushing your hair while it is still wet, back combing also known as teasing your hair, especially with metallic combs and brushes.
Once you get split ends, there is no product that can repair them. They must be trimmed. But there are a few things you can do to prevent them from happening.
- Always use a wide tooth comb when your hair is wet
- Blow dry your hair using low or cool air
- Don’t use rubber bands to tie your hair with
- Use a good conditioner if you have dry hair
- Try to avoid harsh colors or chemical services
- Always use heat protection products when drying or curling your hair.
- Never use a straight iron or curling iron on damp or wet hair
- Get regular trims
By following these few tips, you are sure to avoid dry split ends. Just remember, if you do get them, only trimming them off will get rid of them.