Earaches can rage from a slight discomfort to a throbbing pain. There are many factors of what causes these. They include water in you ear from taking a shower or swimming, too much earwax buildup, improperly using cotton swabs, or infection. Most ear infections either come from the middle ear or the Eustachian tube when it is blocked. This tube normally opens and closes to equalize the air pressure on the ear drum and allows fluids to pass through the ear canal. However, when it becomes blocked, there is too much pressure in the ear, causing a lot of pain.
These are some remedies that you can do at home to help relieve the pain associated with earaches:
1. Chew gum to help unblock a Eustachian tube.
2. Put heat on the soft spot behind your ear. This allows your blood vessels to expand to increase your blood’s flow. This also helps soften wax build up in your ears.
3. If your earache is due to extra water in your ear, use olive oil. Warm up a medicine dropper in a glass of warm water. Take a dropper full and add four to six drops in your ear.
4. Tilt your head to the side and, using a dropper, pit a dropper full of hydrogen peroxide into your ear. Let it sit there for a few minutes before draining it out. This helps soften air wax and fight infections as well. Hydrogen Peroxide also works if you are suffering from Swimmer’s Ear.
5. Garlic has antibacterial properties. If you suspect that your earache is due to an infection, put four to six drops of garlic oil into the ear. You can even put a glove of garlic into your outer ear. However, make sure that it is not small enough to get caught in your ear canal.
6. Put four to six drops of pure apple cider vinegar into your ear. You can also try peppermint oil.
7. Purchase Colloidal Silver from your local health food store. This is a natural antibiotic that helps your body fight infections. When you start to feel an earache coming, put one to two drops into your ear. When the symptoms disappear, continue this treatment for two to three days.
8. Take Vitamin C to help your immune system fight infections.
While these remedies are very effective in getting rid of earache pain, you must call your doctor if the pain does not go away or if it keeps coming back. You may need antibiotics to get rid of an infection. The pain can be the result of something else such as Strep Throat.